Sigmashield 460 is a two-component, high solids glass flake reinforced polyamine cured epoxy coating
Secure Payments - Payments safe and secure as all transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard.
Delivery policy - We aim to ship all products same day where possible (Orders must be placed before 12pm)
PPG SigmaShield 460 is a two component, high solids, glassflake, reinforced polyamide cured, epoxy coating that offers long term protection in areas subject to wear and tear and can be applied in temperatures down to 10 degrees celsius.
- Excellent abrasion and impact resistance
- High glass flake level
- Excellent resistance to corrosion
- Long-term protection at areas subject to heavy wear and tear
- Very low water permeability, due to glass flake barrier
- Tar free
- Resistant to splash and spillage of a wide range of chemicals
- Application and curing at temperatures down to 10°C (50°F)
- Suitable for immersion service
- Compatible with cathodic protection systems
- Up to 750 um (30.0 mils) DFT in a single coat
PPG SigmaShield 460 can be used on steel and blasted steel and offers excellent abrasion and impact resistance in industrial and marine exposures. Sigmashield 460 is highly suited for use on ice-going vessels and offers extremely good corrosion resistance that protects the surface from natural damage caused by the environment.
SigmaShield 460 can be applied easily and effectively using brush, roller or spray and has a good drying of 6 hours to touch. After 24 hours you will be able to apply a second coating which will reach full cure after 8 days. Once dry you will be provided with a glossy black finish, available in other colours on request.
Surface and Environment
SigmaShield 460 is highly suited for use in a marine type environment where protection against water and chemicals is vital. 460 offers very low water permeability due to the glass flake barrier and is suitable for immersion service.
Data Sheets Available for Download:
No customer reviews for the moment.