PPG - Sigmadur ClearCoat is a two component, aliphatic clear acrylic polyurethane gloss finish, suitable for application over aluminium pigmented polyurethanes.
Secure Payments - Payments safe and secure as all transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard.
Delivery policy - We aim to ship all products same day where possible (Orders must be placed before 12pm)
PPG - Sigmadur ClearCoat is a two component, aliphatic clear acrylic polyurethane gloss finish, suitable for application over aluminium pigmented polyurethanes.Features
- Excellent gloss retention
- Tough and abrasion resistant
- Resistant to splash of mineral and vegetable oils, white spirit, paraffins, aliphatic petroleum products and mild chemicals
- Reduced sensitivity to early condensation and rain
- Can be recoated even after long atmospheric exposure
- Cures at temperatures down to -5°C
- Suitable for use on stainless, non ferrous materials not subject to immersion
Recommended Substrate Conditions and Temperatures
Atmospheric exposure conditions
- Previous coat (polyurethane) must be dry and free from any contamination.
- Stainless steel, non-ferrous metal should be sufficiently roughened by light sanding follwed by degreased with solvent or cleaner.
Substrate temperature and application conditions
- Substrate temperature during application at -5°C(23°F) is acceptable; provided the substrate is free from ice and dry.
- Substrate temperature during application and curing down to -5°C(23°F) is acceptable
- Relative humidity during application and curing should not exceed 85%
Instructions For Use
Mixing ratio by volume: base to ardener 85:15
- The temperature of the mixed base and hardener should be above 10°C(50°F), otherwise extra thinner may be required to obtain application viscosity.
- Adding too much thinner results in reduced sag resistance and slower cure
- Thinner should be added after mixing the components.
Volume of thinner
10-12%, depending on required thickness and application conditions.
1.0-1.5 mm (approx.0.040. - 0.060 in)
0.3 - 0.4 MPa (approx. 3-4 bar; 44 - 58 p.s.i)
Volume of thinner
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush & Roller
- Recoat Time (20°c)
Data Sheets Available for Download:
No customer reviews for the moment.