Sigmacover 456 HS high solids epoxy primer & coating is available in a range of tintable shades. This two-component coating is designed for general purpose protection and can additionally be used on structures exposed to marine and land conditions. With excellent water resistance.
Custom ColourDon't like any of our standard colours? Why not explore our colour charts here
We can tint to thousands of fantastic colours, just enter your choice in the box below and hit submit
Secure Payments - Payments safe and secure as all transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard.
Delivery policy - We aim to ship all products same day where possible (Orders must be placed before 12pm)
Sigmacover 456 HS is a two component high solids polyamide cured recoatable zinc phosphate epoxy primer/coating.
- General purpose epoxy primer/coating for steel and concrete structures in atmospheric exposure.
- Can be recoated with various two component and conventional coatings even after long weathering periods.
- Free from lead and chromate containing pigments.
- Excellent rust preventing properties in industrial or coastal atmospheres.
- Tough, with long term flexibility.
- Cures at temperatures down to -5°C.
- Good adhesion to steel.
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush.
Colours and Gloss
Tintable to many RAL & BS colours in eggshell
Recommended Substrate Conditions and Temperatures:
- Steel; blast cleaned to ISO-SA2½, blasting profile 40-70μm
- Previous suitable coat; dry and free from any contamination
- During application and curing a substrate temperature down to -5°C is acceptable provided the substrate is dry and free from ice.
- Substrate temperature should be at least 3°C above dew point.
Instructions for use:
Mixing ration by volume: base to hardener 80 : 20.
- the temperature of the mixed base and hardener should preferable be above 15°C, otherwise extra solvent may be required to obtain application viscosity
- Too much solvent results in reduced sag resistance.
- Thinner should be added after mixing the components.
Induction time: 20 minutes if applied at temperatures below 10°C, none above 10°C.
Pot life: 4 hours at 20°C
For paint and recommended thinners see safety sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant material safety data sheets.
This is a solvent borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour as well as contact between the wet paint and the exposed skin or eyes.
Data Sheets Available for Download:
No customer reviews for the moment.