The Sigmacover 456 HS is a two-component high solids recoatable zinc epoxy primer and coating.
Secure Payments - Payments safe and secure as all transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard.
Delivery policy - We aim to ship all products same day where possible (Orders must be placed before 12pm)
Sigmacover 456 HS is a two component high solids polyamide cured recoatable zinc phosphate epoxy primer/coating.
- General purpose epoxy primer/coating for steel and concrete structures in atmospheric exposure.
- Can be recoated with various two component and conventional coatings even after long weathering periods.
- Free from lead and chromate containing pigments
- Excellent rust preventing properties in industrial or coastal atmospheres
- tough, with long term flexibility
- cures at temperatures down to -5°C
- Good adhesion to steel
- Easy application, both by airless spray and brush
Recommended substrate conditions and temperatures:
- Steel; blast cleaned to ISO-SA2.5, blasting profile 40 - 70 µm
- Previous suitable coat; dry and free from any contamination
- during application and curing a substrate temperature down to -5°C is acceptable provided the substrate is dry and free from ice
- Substrate temperature should be at least 3°C above dew point.
Instructions for use:
Mixing ratio by volume: base to hardener 80:20
- The temperature of the mixed base and hardener should preferably be above 15°C, otherwise extra solvent may be required to obtain application viscosity
- Too much solvent results in reduced sag resistance
- Thinner should be added after mixing the components.
Induction time: 20 minutes if applied at temperatures below 10°C. None above 10°C.
Pot life: 4 hours at °C
For paint and recommended thinners see safety sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant material safety data sheets. This is a solvent borne paint and care should be taken to avoid inhalation of spray mist or vapour as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes.
PPG SigmaCover 456 HS can be applied using brush or airless spray and has a theoretical coverage rate of 7.3m2 per litre. 456 HS has a touch dry time of 8 hours and can be recoated after this period has elapsed. This product can be applied in temperatures down to -5 degrees celsius making it ideal for use in environments with adverse weather conditions.
Surface and Environment
PPG SigmaCover 456 HS has been specifically manufactured for steel and concrete structures in an atmospheric environment.
For more information contact us here.
Data Sheets Available for Download:
No customer reviews for the moment.