SigmaCover 2 is a two-component, high solids epoxy coating used for the maintenance of steel and concrete surfaces.
Custom ColourDon't like any of our standard colours? Why not explore our colour charts here
We can tint to thousands of fantastic colours, just enter your choice in the box below and hit submit
Secure Payments - Payments safe and secure as all transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard.
Delivery policy - We aim to ship all products same day where possible (Orders must be placed before 12pm)
SigmaCover 2 epoxy coating may be applied directly to bare steel and can also be applied to most types of primers or existing coating systems. For temperatures down to 0°C.
- Low-temperature curing down to 0°C (32°F)
- High performance self priming universal epoxy
- High solids, low VOC
- Surface tolerant and abrasion resistant
- Compatible with prepared, damp surfaces
- Good adhesion on most existing coatings
- Good resistance to splash and spillage of chemicals
- Meets NSF Standard 61 for tanks, pipes, valves and fittings (US manufacturing only)
- Proven coating as a bulk rail lining and DTM exterior coating
Recommended Substrate Conditions and Temperatures:
- steel; blast cleaned to ISO-Sa2½, power tool cleaned to min. ISO-St3 or hand tool clean to ISO-St2 or ultra high pressure water jet to WJ2L.
- for immersion exposure: steel; blast cleaned to ISO-Sa2½.
- concrete and other cement-bonded substrates; dry, hard and free from contamination such as laitance, grease and dust.
- aged suitable coatings; dry and free from any contamination and suffi ciently roughened.
- for single pack coatings; extra precautions are necessary.
Colour and Gloss level:
- Standard primer colours and custom colours.
Note: epoxy coatings will chalk and fade with exposure to sunlight. Light colours are prone to ambering to some extent. Note that product tinted to custom colours are not recommended for immersion service. Only use factory grind batches for immersion.
- Remove grease, oil and other penetration contaminants according to ASTM D4258
- Abrade the surface per ASTM D4259 to remove all chalk and surface glaze or laitance. Achieve surface profiel – ICRI CSP 3 to 5.
- Fill voids as necessary with AMERCOAT 114 A epoxy filler
- Maximum recommended transmission rate is 3 lbs / 1,000 ft2 / 24 hours by moisture transmission test (ASTM F1869, calcium chloride test or by ASTM D4263, plastic sheet test).
- Alternatively, ASTM D4944 (Calcium Carbide Gas Method) can be used, moisture content should not exceed 4%.
Data Sheets Available for Download:
No customer reviews for the moment.