Corroless RF16 Metal Topcoat is a general purpose, glass reinforced, high build alkyd metal topcoat. Certain shades may contain lead colourants and these are labelled RF16 Lead.
Only apply in conditions of good ventilation which must be maintained during drying and curing. Do not apply when rain, mist, sleet or snow are imminent. During application and drying time of the paint coating, the surface should be dry, the Relative Humidity should not exceed 85% and the steel temperature should remain at least 3oC above the dew point. Paint temperature should ideally be at a minimum of 15ºC
- Airless spray: output fluid pressure 1800-2500 psi, tip size 11-19 thou Fan Angle 30-50ºC. For detailed advice contact Corroless
- Conventional Spray: An addition of up to 10% Corroless Thinners No.3 will be required
- Brush: apply unthinned, lay on, do not over brush
- When rollering, use a short nap lamb’s wool roller and a maximum addition of 5% Corroless Thinners No.2. Lay off with a brush to complete the finish
Usage & Highlights
- Contains glass flake for improved impermeability and abrasion resistance.
- High build – reduces application costs and saves time.
- Good application properties.
- Fast drying compared to other high build alkyds, to help reduce the possibility of dust contamination shortly after application.
- Applications include pipes, mechanical equipment, bridges, fire escapes, storage tank externals and structural steel.
- Tintable to many colours
- 8.4 m²/L
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller & Spray
- Recoat Time (20°c)
Data Sheets Available for Download:
No customer reviews for the moment.