Custom ColourPlease enter your required colour into the box below and click Submit Colour
You can find our colour charts here
Secure Payments - Payments safe and secure as all transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard.
Delivery policy - We aim to ship all products same day where possible (Orders must be placed before 12pm)
- Base filling layer, with quartz granules, for new, well-cured render before applying layered finishing materials from the Silancolor range.
- Base evening and filling layer for old render, if not excessively deteriorated or crumbly, before applying layered finishing materials from the Silancolor range.
- Base filling layer for de-humidifying render before applying layered finishing materials from the Silancolor range.
- Base layer on old paintwork, including paintwork which is slightly flaky, before applying layered finishing materials from the Silancolor range.
- Base layer with the same colour as the final layer, to help covering of the final layer of paint or layered finishing material in bright, lively colours, which are clean and only offer partial covering.
Silancolor Base Coat is a coloured silicone resin-based based paint in water dispersion, with micro-granular quartz and selected charges. It is used to even out the absorption of the substrate and promote bonding of successive coats of paint and layered finishing materials from the Silancolor range.
Silancolor Base Coat works in synergy with coloured finishes, to increase the duration of the protective finish and increase the water repellence of Silancolor finishing systems.
Surfaces treated with Silancolor Base Coat have a uniformly rough finish, which makes it easier to apply layered finishing materials, particularly when applied by trowel. This results in a more even distribution of the finishing material over the entire surface. Silancolor Base Coat is available in a wide range of colours, created using the ColorMap® automatic colouring system.
Preparation of the substrate
New surfaces or surfaces patched up with repair mortar must be cured, perfectly clean, regular and dry. Completely remove all traces of oil or grease from the surface and parts which are not well attached. Seal any cracks which are present and repair any deteriorated areas. Seal off the porosity and smooth off any uneven parts in the substrate.
Preparation of the product
Silancolor Base Coat may be used as is, or diluted with 5-10% water. Make sure that the product is well blended, and use a low speed drill if possible for blending. If only a part of the product is to be prepared, mix the Silancolor Base Coat in its original container before pouring off the quantity required.
Application of the product
Mix Silancolor Base Coat well before use, and apply it using conventional techniques with a brush, a roller or by spray (air mix). A single coat of Silancolor Base Coat is usually sufficient to prepare the substrate. However, if the substrate is particularly uneven, a second coat may be required. Protect from rain for at least 12-24 hours.
- Water Based
- Tintable to many colours
- Under normal conditions, consumption is generally 0.3-0.5 kg/m² per coat.
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller & Spray
- Recoat Time (20°c)
- Within 24hrs
Data Sheets Available for Download:
No customer reviews for the moment.