With excellent corrosion and seawater resistance, Sigmashield 880 by PPG is an epoxy coating designed for offshore splash maintenance.
Sigmashield 880GF is designed for use in heavy duty and corrosive environments due to it’s excellent corrosion, impact, abrasion and sea water resistance. Providing long term protection in a single coat application, this product continued to cure when immersed in water. Suitable for petrochemical, offshore and power plant use.
Blast clean steel to ISO-Sa2 or ISO-SA2 1/2. Substrate temperature should be at least 3°C above dew point. Apply using airless spray, conventional spray or brush/roller for touch up or spot repair.
Sigmashield 880 Product Features
Apply through the use of spray, a roller or a brush; this product will be dry to touch after 3 hours.
- Outstanding sea water resistance
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Good abrasion resistance
- Continues to cure when immersed in water
- Long term protection in a single coat application
- Resistant to well designed cathodic protection
- Suitable on wet blast or ultra high pressure water (UHPWW) cleaned
- Use on damp and dry substrates
For more information contact us here.