Network Rail Specification – NR/L3/CIV/039
For protection of existing sound aged alkyd paintwork and corroded steelwork prepared to surface standard ST 3 BS EN ISO 8501-1
- 1 Full coat of Corroless EPF
- 1 Full coat of Corroless RF65 Finish
Secure Payments - Payments safe and secure as all transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard.
Delivery policy - We aim to ship all products same day where possible (Orders must be placed before 12pm)
Corroless EPF is a Rust Stabilising Primer (epoxy) and has been a key product in the Corroless range for many decades and has a range of outstanding properties. It has an excellent track record on bridge maintenance painting projects where blast cleaning was impossible, and yet longer term performance was required over only hand-prepared steelwork.
Giving very high film build by brush, Corroless EPF contains Corroless rust stabilising pigment for long term anticorrosive protection. It also contains self-leafing glass flake for improved impermeability. It has a specially designed tar-free resin system and can be applied to damp steel surfaces to aid practicality under difficult site conditions.
Corroless EPF has undergone extensive independent testing and has gained approvals from: UK Network Rail for bridges and other steelwork; British Standard BS6920:2000 for use with potable water (in conjunction with Corroless RF35 (2006)); to DEFSTAN and MIL specs for bulk fuel tank interiors (together with Corroless RF35 White); and it also has a designated NATO stock number. Typical applications include bridges, ballast tanks, sheet piling and jetties, as well as for coating concrete and other selected substrates and maintenance.
Usage & Highlights
- High build, solvent-less product with excellent abrasion resistance.
- Moisture tolerant – can be applied to damp surfaces.
- Approved as a primer for Corroless RF35 (2006) for use in contact with potable water (BS 6920:2000).
- Approved with Corroless RF35 White, for lining bulk fuel tanks (DEF-STAN 80/97 and MIL-PRF-4556F).
- NATO stock Number 0442-8010-25-150-0972.
- Approved for use by Network Rail (Approved systems list available on request)
- Applications include structural steel, sheet piling, tank linings, jetties, bridges and ballast tanks as well as concrete and other selected substrates.
Comes in Black or Buff in a Semi-Gloss Finish. Product has a shelf life of 2 years when stored in dry, cool conditions and protected from frost.
No customer reviews for the moment.