ViterWash T is a single pack phosphoric acid etch solution designed for the surface treatment of fresh galvanising prior to painting. Correctly treated, the ViterWash T reacts with the galvanised surface turning it a grey-black colour to show effective etching has occurred.
Features and Use:
- To etch bright, unweathered galvanised surfaces, as an adhesion promoter for subsequently applied paint coatings.
- The product changes the surface colour from blue to grey/black if etching has been successful.
Viterwash T is applied by brush or spray, although brushing is recommended to avoid excessive application. All surfaces to be treated with ViterWash T should be solvent washed to remove galvanising flux, grease or other contamination. Any very smooth or shiny areas should be abraded to provide a key and dust off.
- Airless Spray: Output fluid pressure at tip 1500 psi, Tip Size: 9-11 thou (0.23- 0.28mm).
- *Spraying is not recommended as this method can result in excessive application, which can result in a powdery surface causing disbondment of subsequently applied paint coatings.
- If spraying, it is advisable that equipment should be cleaned/flushed during the course of application, to prevent attack of the equipment by this acidic product.
- Brush or sponge application is recommended. An even black film should result if the reaction has occurred correctly. If the surface is uneven in colour, lightly abrade, thoroughly degrease by solvent washing and re-apply. Remove any excess product by solvent washing before applying a paint system.
Health and Safety:
Containers are provided with safety labels which should be observed. Further information about hazardous influences and protection are detailed in individual Product Safety Data Sheets. A Safety Data Sheet for this product is available on request from Spencer Coatings.
For more information contact us here.