ViterBond ST200 is a two pack epoxy, high solids, surface tolerant aluminium primer.
Features and Use:
- Use as a rust inhibiting primer on hand prepared steel, or as a high build patch repair primer under most generic coating types.
- Approved to UK Network Rail specification as the primer of a 3 coat system applied to manually prepared steelwork.
- Excellent anticorrosive protection.
- Excellent ‘wetting’ properties for application to a manually prepared steel surface.
- Good chemical and solvent resistance.
- Use to upgrade a conventional system to high-performance epoxy/polyurethane system.
- Use as a single coat system under insulation (see Product Notes).
- Can overlap onto aged, sound chlorinated rubber, vinyl or alkyd products
- Under insulation, the Viterbond ST200 epoxy primer is suitable for dry operating temperatures up to 150ºC with occasional surges to 200ºC
- Do not apply or cure below 5ºC.
- Colour changes can occur in exposed conditions and will occur at elevated temperatures
- Moisture in the can may cause pressure build-up