Steelguard 581 is a one-component, thin-film, waterborne intumescent coating for fire protection of structural steel and contrete.
- Provides up to 90 minutes fire protection from cellulosic fires.
- 60 minutes SCI assessment of beams with circular web openings.
- Provides up to 150 minutes protection from cellulosic fires for concrete beams and columns.
- Provides up to 360 minutes protection from cellulosic fires for concrete ceilings and walls
- On-site application
- Up to 700µm (28.0 mils) DFT in a single coat.
- Suitable for C1 and C2 internal environments (ISO 12944); for dry internal (C1) environments no topcoat is required.
- Tested and assessed to BS 476-20/21 and prEN 13381-3:2012.
Recommended Substrate Conditions and Temperatures:
- Approved primer, dry, sound and free from contamination.
- Substrate temperature should be at least 3° above dew point during application and drying.
- Should not be applied under 5°C and above 40°C.
- Relative humidity during application must be lower than 80%.
Instructions for use:
- Stir thoroughly till homogeneous and free of lumps
- too much solvent results in reduced sag resistance
- must be protected from freezing at all times during storage and/or transport.
For paint and recommended thinners see safety sheets 1430, 1431 and relevant material safety data sheets. Although this is a water borne paint, care should be taken to avoid inhalation of pray mist or vapour as well as contact between the wet paint and exposed skin or eyes.
Brush: For small areas only (touch up and repair). No thinner should be added.
– suitable for C1 and C2 internal environments (ISO 12944); for dry internal (C1) environments no topcoat is required
suitable for C1 and C2 internal environments (ISO 12944); for dry internal (C1) environments no
–tested to BS 476 and certified with the national requirements
For more information contact us here.