Sigmatherm 540 (previously Amercoat 878) is a one component heat resistant moisture curing silicone aluminium. Use this product for internal and external protection of steel surfaces that need resistance to extreme heat. It has dry heat resistance up to 600°C (1112°F).
This product has excellent resistance to weathering, which then makes it ideal for heavy industrial or construction environments. It gives the ultimate protection to surfaces that could potentially suffer from heat damage. When used externally it provides top resistance against weathering and also offers a degree of UV light resistance with an aluminium finish.
SigmaTherm 540 can be used internally or externally in heavy industrial or construction environments and works to provide the ultimate protection to surfaces that could suffer from heat damage. When used externally SigmaTherm 540 offers excellent resistance against weathering and offers a degree of UV light resistance with an aluminium finish.
- Dry heat resistance up to 600°C (1112°F)
- No heat cure necessary between coats
- For the internal as well as external protection of steel surfaces
- Excellent resistance against weathering
- Also suitable on top of zinc silicate primer
- A minimum drying time of 3 days at 20°C (68°F) should be allowed before exposure to heat
- Complies with NACE SP0198 for austenitic stainless steels and carbon steels under thermal insulation.
- Coverage: 18m² per litre for 25μm.
- Touch Dry: 45 minutes.
- Apply using a foam roller or an industrial spray.
Instructions for use:
- Power agitate to uniform consistency
- Application with airless equipment is possible. Be careful not to apply more than specified thickness.
- When more than one coat is applied, it is recommended that the total dry film thickness of Sigmatherm 540 does not exceed 80 μm (3.1 mils)
- For roller application the best results will be obtained by using fine foam rollers.
For more information contact us here.