PPG Aquacover 45 is a one-component, waterborne acrylic dispersion finish for use in interior accommodation, machinery spaces and superstructure.
- Particularly suitable finish when solvents are not permitted because of health and safety reasons.
- Fast-drying and recoatable.
- Good weather resistance
- Good color retention
- Allows safer working during hull outfitting of new-buildings.
- One component waterborne acrylic dispersion finish
- Use as a finish for interior accommodation, machinery spaces and superstructure
- Particularly suitable when solvents are not permitted because of health and safety reasons
- Fast drying and recoatable
- Good weather resistance
- Good colour retention
- Allows safer working during hull outfitting of new buildings
- Certificate for low flame spread: see sheet 1883.
- Theoretical spreading rate 6.8 m2 per litre at 50 microns
- Touch dry after 6 hours at 5 degrees C, 3 hours at 10 degrees C, 1 hour at 20 degrees C.
- Overcoating interval min. 6 hours.
- Available in many BS4800 and RAL Colours
- Available in 5 and 20 Litres
Color and Gloss Level:
- White (other colours available on request)
Recommended Substrate Conditions and Temperatures:
- Compatible previous coat must be dry and free from any contamination.
- Substrate temperature during application should be at least 5°C
- Substrate temperature during application should be at least 3°C above dew point
- Relative humidity during application should not exceed 75%
Instructions for use:
- Stir well before use
- The temperature of the paint should preferably be above 15°C, otherwise extra thinner may be required to obtain application viscosity.
- Too much tap water results in reduced sag resistance.
- Adequate ventilation must be maintained during application and curing.
- Must be protected from freezing at all times during storage and/or transport.
Sigma AquaCover 45 can be applied using airless spray, long haired brush or roller with rounder edges and has an ultra fast drying time of just 1 hour to touch at 20°C and is ready for an overcoat after just 6 hours. Sigma AquaCover 45 has a theoretical coverage rate of 6.8m2 per litre and is available in a selection of shades suitable for use on metal.
Surface and Environment:
Sigma AquaCover 45 is designed for use in industrial or commercial exposures for use on various types of primed steel to offer a protective coating that works to protect against weathering that can weaken the substrate, all the while retaining colour retention.
For more information contact us here.