Mapei Quarzolite Base Coat is a ready to use adhesion primer that has been formulated with quartz granules for application as part of a layered system from the Mapei Quarzolite range of products. Quarzolite Base Coat can be used on old render to level out imperfections or well-cured new render to improve the application and adhesion of the finishing coat. It is supplied in white or can be tinted to a colour similar to the finishing coat to help integrate the final coat particularly when bright, lively colours are applied which do not usually have good covering properties.
Usage & Highlights
- Quarzolite Base Coat is a coloured acrylic base coat used to even out surfaces and fill defects
- Promotes adhesion of finishing layer
- Used as a base coating under a finishing layer from the Mapei Quarzolite range
- Can be over-coated with paint after 12-24 hours
- Application temperature: 5 to 35 degrees C.
- Theoretical coverage 0.3-0.5 Kg per metre per coat
- Available in white or can be tinted to a range of colours from the Mapei ColorMap colouring system
- Supplied in 20 Kg units.