ProtegaClad 50 & 50 is a high performance two pack polyurethane semi-gloss coating, specially designed and tested for the maintenance repainting of architectural cladding.
It is recommended for the maintenance of Corus Colorcoat HP200* (Plastisol) and HPS200* cladding, with an expected system lifetime of up to 15 years, depending on conditions of exposure. It is also suitable for PVF2, Silicone Polyester & Polyester Cladding when applied over ProtegaClad Bonding Coat. It cures at sub-zero temperatures and has good climatic tolerance for typical site conditions, such as being tolerant of slight surface moisture during application. It is easy to apply by spray, brush or roller and in many instances a single coat is sufficient. Available in a wide colour range, including selected metallic shades such as RAL9006, as ProtegaClad M50.
Product features and recommended uses:
- Recommended for the maintenance of Corus Colorcoat HP200 and HPS200 cladding.
- Expected system lifetime up to 15 years (depending on exposed environment and shade).
- Suitable for PVF2, Silicone Polyester & Polyester Cladding when applied over ProtegaClad Bonding Coat.
- Suitable for urban, marine and industrial environments.
- Tough, durable finish combining abrasion resistance with outstanding colour and sheen retention.
- Good cleaning properties for ease of building maintenance.
- Cures at sub zero temperatures and has good climatic tolerance.
- Tolerant of slight surface moisture during application.
- Easy to apply by spray, brush or roller and in many instances a single coat is sufficient.
- Indefinitely recoatable with self or ProtegaClad 50.
- EPA compliant.
This product is a finish coat which should be applied over ProtegaClad Bonding Coat or suitably prepared sound Plastisol for recolour work. Please refer to Protega Paints for individual project specifications. For aged/degraded Plastisol, condition diagnosis and correct surface preparation are critical to performance. Please refer to Protega Paints for advice. Completely new and unweathered HP200 Plastisol must be wiped with white spirit (1050 Thinner) and allowed to dry prior to applying ProtegaClad 50. New HPS 200 Plastisol must be wiped with xylene (1006 Thinner) and allowed to dry prior to applying ProtegaClad 50. For PVF2, Silicone Polyester and other cladding types refer to Protega Paints Ltd. Surfaces should be clean, dry and free from all grease, oil and general contamination.
For more information contact us here.