CALL OR EMAIL FOR PRICING
Network Rail Specification – NR/L3/CIV/039
Protective Treatment XN90/N2
For protection of blast cleaned steelwork (New Build) prepared to surface standard Sa2.5 BS EN ISO 8501-1
1 Full coat of Corroless EPF – 200μm mdft
1 Full coat of Corroless RF65 Finish – 50μm mdft
Corroless EPF is a Rust Stabilising Primer (epoxy) and has been a key product in the Corroless range for many decades and has a range of outstanding properties. It has an excellent track record on bridge maintenance painting projects where blast cleaning was impossible, and yet longer term performance was required over only hand-prepared steelwork.
Giving very high film build by brush, Corroless EPF contains Corroless rust stabilising pigment for long term anticorrosive protection. It also contains self-leafing glass flake for improved impermeability. It has a specially designed tar-free resin system and can be applied to damp steel surfaces to aid practicality under difficult site conditions.
Corroless EPF has undergone extensive independent testing and has gained approvals from: UK Network Rail for bridges and other steelwork; British Standard BS6920:2000 for use with potable water (in conjunction with Corroless RF35 (2006)); to DEFSTAN and MIL specs for bulk fuel tank interiors (together with Corroless RF35 White); and it also has a designated NATO stock number. Typical applications include bridges, ballast tanks, sheet piling and jetties, as well as for coating concrete and other selected substrates and maintenance.
Usage & Highlights
• High build, solvent-less product with excellent abrasion resistance.
• Moisture tolerant – can be applied to damp surfaces.
• Approved as a primer for Corroless RF35 (2006) for use in contact with potable water (BS 6920:2000).
• Approved with Corroless RF35 White, for lining bulk fuel tanks (DEF-STAN 80/97 and MIL-PRF-4556F).
• NATO stock Number 0442-8010-25-150-0972.
• Approved for use by Network Rail (Approved systems list available on request)
• Applications include structural steel, sheet piling, tank linings, jetties, bridges and ballast tanks as well as concrete and other selected substrates.
Comes in Black or Buff in a Semi-Gloss Finish. Product has a shelf life of 2 years when stored in dry, cool conditions and protected from frost.
Corroless RF65 is an acrylic polyurethane topcoat with a Semi-Gloss finish, which also has glass flake for increased durability. Two pack polyurethane topcoats have excellent colour and gloss retention, to keep coated steelwork looking good for years to come. They also have good chemical resistance properties. Corroless RF65 is designed for application over suitable Corroless primers and intermediates and is suitable for urban, marine and industrial environments. It is indefinitely overcoatable with itself. Typical applications include bridges, pipework, cranes, mechanical equipment, storage tank exteriors, chemical plants and other structural steel.
A two-component, glass-reinforced, acrylic urethane, semi-gloss topcoat. Mid sheen finish available in a wide range of colours. Product has a shelf life of 2 years when stored in dry, cool conditions and protected from frost.
Usage & Highlights
• Excellent colour and UV resistance.
• Indefinitely recoatable.
• Tough durable semi-gloss finish, good anti-abrasion resistance and weathering characteristics and chemical resistance.
Approved for use by Network Rail (approved systems available on request).
• Glass-reinforced for increased impermeability.
• Suitable for urban, marine or industrial environments.
• Applications include piping, cranes, mechanical equipment, bridges, storage tank exteriors, chemical plants and other structural steel.