Mapetherm Flex RP is an organic skimming base coat characterised by high elasticity made from acrylic resins in water dispersion, selected fillers, glass micro-spheres and polypropylene fibres. It also contains admixtures that make it resistant to biological agents. Unlike traditional cementitious-based smoothing and levelling compounds this product does not need to be fully cured and there is no need to use a primer before applying the final finish, thereby reducing the time to complete work considerably.
Mapetherm Flex RP adheres perfectly to all types of insulating panels, skimming mortars, traditional render and old, well-adhered paintwork. Thanks to its special composition it also provides excellent resistance to impact loads: used in the main Mapetherm systems in combination with 1.2 mm thick layers of plaster; it passes 15 Joule impact tests. Mapetherm Flex RP can be tinted using the ColorMap® automatic colouring system. When applied in a colour similar to that of the finishing coat, apart from reducing the number of coats required, it hides imperfections in the substrate and helps form an even, uniform finish.
Example uses include:
- Reinforced skim coats on insulating panels and thermal insulation systems.
- Renovating damaged as well as deteriorated insulating systems.
- Repairing cracked walls on all types of buildings, including painted walls.
- Repairing render to even out surface defects.
- Protecting critical areas such as wainscots.
- Use in communal areas in apartment buildings and areas open to the public exposed to impact and stresses
- Mapetherm Flex RP, in the 0.5 mm version, is ideal for use on surfaces where a smooth even finish is required.
This includes on insulation systems and may be used to level internal walls that require a smooth, elastic finish.