Primer 3296 is an acrylic polymer-based water dispersion primer, which is made up of very fine particles. This gives it its high penetration characteristics, even on surfaces with low porosity. The product also consolidates surfaces and eliminates dust and powder on substrates, giving them good mechanical strength.
It is for consolidating as well as improving the characteristics of weak, crumbly or powdery surfaces. It is also suitable for outdoor use for consolidating the surface of concrete slabs, screeds, renders, bricks, sandstone, tuff, cement as well as lime-based decorative mortar.
Examples uses include:
• Preparation of screeds with a powdery surface before laying wooden flooring with vinyl adhesives.
• Anti-dust undercoat for cementitious surfaces.
• Primer for levelling and smoothing cement.
• Impregnation of cement based grouts with a powdery surface to reduce their porosity and absorbency (for indoor use).
• Consolidation of surfaces for cementitious renders, tuff and sandstone.
• Impregnation of existing internal brick walls and also ceilings etc. to eliminate the dust.