Carbolastex WBI is a high durability waterproofing impregnation. It is highly UV and weather stable and will provide protection for up to 10 years. When applied to a porous substrate, Carbolastex WBI penetrates deep into the substrate. Once dried the product is virtually undetectable and remains stable within the substrate. There is no reduction in physical properties of the substrate when Carbolastex WBI is applied, in particular the water vapour permeability. As well as providing a cost-effective solution for the treatment of walls, the product is ideally suited to the treatment of car-park decks and other trafficked areas. Carbolastex WBI can be applied by brush or low pressure spray.
Usage & Highlights
- Effective protection against driving rain for up to 10 years before further application
- Helps prevent Efflorescence (leaching of salts)
- A non-tacky finish with stain release effect
- Water based (solvent free) so zero VOC’s.
- Once dried the product is clear and preserves the original appearance and character of the substrate.
- Suitable for application in a wide range of temperatures.
- Easily applied by conventional methods.
- Non film-forming, allows water vapor to permeate from the underlying substrate.
Carbolastex WBI is suitable for use on most mineral surfaces. It imparts waterproofing properties by being absorbed into the surface and should therefore not be used on highly dense non-porous substrates such as engineering bricks, glazed tiles etc. Any obvious cracks, voids, missing portions of the surface or defective joints must be made good prior to treatment otherwise rain penetration may subsequently occur at these points. Hairline cracks which are stable do not require any form of pre-treatment.