Secure Payments - Payments safe and secure as all transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard.
Delivery policy - We aim to ship all products same day where possible (Orders must be placed before 12pm)
Primer 3296 is for consolidating and improving the characteristics of weak, crumbly or powdery surfaces. It is also suitable for outdoor use for consolidating the surface of concrete slabs, screeds, renders, bricks, sandstone, tuff, cement and lime-based decorative mortar.
- Preparation of screeds with a powdery surface before laying wooden flooring with vinyl adhesives.
- Anti-dust primer for cementitious surfaces.
- Primer for levelling and smoothing cement.
- Impregnation of cement based grouts with a powdery surface to reduce their porosity and absorbency (for indoor use).
- Consolidation of surfaces for cementitious renders, tuff and sandstone.
- Impregnation of existing internal brick walls and ceilings etc. to eliminate the dust.
Primer 3296 is an acrylic polymer-based waterdispersion primer, made up of very fine particles, which gives it its high penetration characteristics, even on surfaces with low porosity. Primer 3296 consolidates surfaces and eliminates dust and powder on substrates, giving them good mechanical strength. If it is used as a primer for self-levelling smoothing products, it reduces the formation of pinholes, prevents the product from drying too quickly, helps it to level off and improves its bonding properties to the substrate. Primer 3296 is an odourless, non-irritating product in water dispersion, suitable for application in areas where there are people present or in the vicinity of habitations. Substrates consolidated with Primer 3296 are not damaged by climatic attack (rain, humidity, sunlight etc.), and the consolidation effect makes them even more long-lasting.
• For use as a primer for the preparation of screeds with a powdery surface before laying wooden flooring Dilute Primer 3296 with water at a ratio of 1:1 or 1:2, according to the absorbency of the support material. Apply the mix on the surface to be treated with a large brush, a broom, a roller or by spray. Lay the flooring with vinyl adhesive (such as Adesilex LC, LC/R or LC/RP) after approximately 2 hours.
• For use as a primer before laying self-levelling smoothing and thixotropic levelling mortars from the Mapei range Dilute Primer 3296 with water at a ratio from 1:1 to 1:2 according to the absorbency of the substrate, and apply the mix on the surface to be treated with a roller or a flat brush. Apply the smoothing compound once the primer has set (after approximately 2 hours).
• For consolidating surfaces of cementitious renders, tuff, sandstone and for fixing dust from existing brick walls and ceilings Apply Primer 3296 on the surface to be treated with a manual garden sprayer, a roller or a brush. If the surface is particularly absorbent, several coats may be applied, at intervals of a few minutes between each coat. 2-3 coats are usually sufficient for complete saturation.
• For impregnating cement joints to make them more resistant and to reduce their porosity and absorbency (for indoor use and for tiles with a glazed or non-absorbent surface) Apply neat Primer 3296 directly on the joints with a brush. If the product makes the surface of the tiles dirty, wait until the product has penetrated into the joints (approximately 5-10 minutes), and clean the surface of the tiling with a damp sponge.
- 5KG & 10KG
- The consumption depends on the absorbency and porosity of the surface to be treated. It generally varies between 50 and 250 g/m2.
- For Use On
- concrete slabs, screeds, renders, bricks, sandstone, tuff, cement and lime-based decorative mortar.
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller & Spray
No customer reviews for the moment.