Custom ColourPlease enter your required colour into the box below and click Submit Colour
You can find our colour charts here
Secure Payments - Payments safe and secure as all transactions are encrypted to the highest global standard.
Delivery policy - We aim to ship all products same day where possible (Orders must be placed before 12pm)
- Base filling layer, with quartz granules, for new, well-cured render before applying layered finishing materials from the Quarzolite range.
- Base levelling and filling layer for old render, if not excessively deteriorated or crumbly, before applying layered finishing materials from the
- Base layer on old paintwork, including paintwork which is slightly flaky, before applying layered finishing materials from the Quarzolite range.
- Base layer with the same colour as the final layer, to help cover the final layer of paint or layered finishing material in bright, lively colours, which are clean and only offer partial covering.
Quarzolite Base Coat is a coloured acrylic undercoat in water dispersion, with micro-granular quartz and selected charges. It is used to even out the
absorption of the substrate and promote bonding of successive coats of paint and layered finishing materials from the Quarzolite range.
Surfaces treated with Quarzolite Base Coat have a uniformly rough finish, which makes it easier to apply layered finishing materials, particularly when applied by trowel. This results in a more even distribution of the finishing material over the entire surface.
Quarzolite Base Coat is available in a wide range of colours, created using the ColorMap® automatic colouring system.
Preparation of the substrate
New surfaces or surfaces patched up with repair mortar must be cured, perfectly clean, sound and dry. Remove all traces of oil and grease and
parts which are not well-attached from the surface.
Seal any cracks which are present and repair any deteriorated areas. Seal off the porosity and smooth off any uneven parts in the substrate.
Preparation of the product
Quarzolite Base Coat may be used neat, or diluted with 5-10% water. Make sure that the product is well blended, and use a low speed drill if possible for blending. If only a part of the product is to be prepared, mix the Quarzolite Base Coat in its original container before pouring off the quantity required.
Application of the product
Mix Quarzolite Base Coat well before use, and apply it using conventional techniques with a brush, a roller or by spray (air mix). A single coat of Quarzolite Base Coat is usually sufficient to prepare the substrate. However, if the substrate is particularly uneven, a second coat may be required.
Protect from rain for at least 12 hours. Quarzolite Base Coat may be painted over after 12-24 hours.
- Tintable to many colours
- Under normal conditions, consumption is generally 0.3-0.5 kg/m² per coat.
- For Use On
- Application Method
- Brush, Roller & Spray
- Recoat Time
- 12-24 hours.
Data Sheets Available for Download:
No customer reviews for the moment.